- News Blog
- Scripture Engagement Essentials
- Ways of Engaging with Scripture
- Engaging Different Audiences
- Kinds of Ministry
- Bible Translation
- Language Issues
- Culture and Contextualisation
- Using the Arts
- Using Media
- Tools and Methods
- Events and Training
- About Us
- Contact Us
Biblical Education & Leadership Training
One of the primary benefits of BELT is that it provides an intensive experience in local language Scripture use, where reading, teaching and understanding the translated Scriptures is modeled and given high value.
The mission of BELT, a ministry of YWAM, is to partner with mission organizations (primarily Wycliffe Bible Translators) and indigenous churches to develop leaders through culturally relevant Bible training that teaches them to apply the Scriptures to every area of life and equips them to teach and influence others. [more...]
A Student's Manual for Scripture Use
Author: Edna Headland
Pastors who have studied in a language other than their mother tongue can have difficulty using the local language Scriptures. When they preach, they sometimes borrow words from the language in which they studied, rather than thinking about the word that will communicate best in their local language.
For this reason Bible Institutes, seminaries and churches should encourage those who study the Bible to use the translation in their own language and investigate how important terms were translated.
On completing this 43 lesson course, a speaker with the Scriptures in their own language will be able to:
- identify how key terms in their language are translated;
- use the terms when they teach or preach;
- better understand the doctrine based on or related to the key term;
- attach greater value to the Scriptures in their language since they know that there are appropriate ways to communicate key terms in their own language and that it may change according to the context;
- use the Scriptures with more confidence and motivate other people in their ethnic group to do so.
The course is also available in Spanish and Portuguese. [more...]
Scripture Application & Leadership Training
"S.A.L.T. makes people thirsty for the Word of God!"
S.A.L.T. is a "Scripture Use" program that (1) equips national pastors and leaders to effectively use the translated Scriptures in their ministries; and (2) inspires a love, wonder and understanding of God's Word in the vernacular. [more...]
Author: Jacob Finifrock
The living model of the transformation of a donkey, along with the use and application of Scripture left a profound impact on all of us who were involved.
This report describes how a team went to help promote the use of the newly translated Tharaka New Testament in Kenya. They found their most effective approach was training pastors and community leaders in how to train their donkeys! Finifrock describes the observations that led to this idea, the training used, and the Scriptures applied. [more...]
Login to post comments