The Good Samaritan Outreach package is a Christian program that, based on the message from Jesus, encourages everyone to reach out to fellow humans in need. The HIV/AIDS epidemic has drastically affected both individuals and society and this program wants to respond to this challenge with a triple aim;
- to prevent new people getting infected
- to help people living with HIV/AIDS to accept and cope with their situation
- to encourage both infected and healthy people to join hands as Good Samaritans.
The Good Samaritan Outreach package discusses:
- the nature of the HIV/AIDS infection
- factors that influence the spread of HIV/AIDS
- preventative measures
- how people can live positively with HIV/AIDS
- how both healthy and infected people can join hands to care for people who suffer from the epidemic
The package, now available in many countries in Africa includes:
- Resource booklet
- Video: “Where is the Good Samaritan today?”. Teaching about AIDS and the Christian response, based around Jesus’ parable
- Video: “Who is responsible? The story of Suzanne”. A drama in the life of a young woman, Suzanne, who contracts HIV
- Booklet and video: “Take charge !”. A series of case studies and Bible study/discussions for young people.