The Abide Bible
Engage Scripture, Engage God
Publisher: Thomas Nelson Bibles (2020)
“The Abide Bible is an answer to prayer for those of us passionate about Scripture engagement. The features are designed so you can absorb the Word of God in a transformative way.” (Tessie Devore, Lumo Project)
Created in partnership with Bible Gateway and the Taylor University Center for Scripture Engagement, The Abide Bible features articles, book introductions, and practical Scripture engagement prompts based on five ways of engaging deeply with the Bible:
- Journaling Scripture: Focus and reflect on Scripture and its meaning for your life.
- Praying Scripture: Pattern your prayers after biblical texts, personalizing the prayer and gaining language for the thoughts and emotions you want to express.
- Picture It: Place yourself in a biblical narrative as a bystander or participant in important events.
- Contemplate: Follow the 4-step practice of reading, meditating on, praying, and contemplating a passage of Scripture.
- Engage Through Art: Consider a classic piece of art—photograph, sculpture, painting—and let it deepen your meditations on scriptural truths.
Share with others: