Not one app, but a user-friendly tool to build your apps! Bible translation organisations are using Scripture App Builder to make the Bible available as Android and iOS apps in languages around the world.
Scripture App Builder helps you to build customized Scripture apps for Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. You specify the Scripture files to use, the app name, the fonts, the colors, the about box information, the audio and the icons. Scripture App Builder will package everything together and build the customized app for you.
You can publish your app online on the Google Play Store or Apple App Store, or distribute it offline using Bluetooth, memory cards, WiFi media boxes, etc.
Scripture App Builder comes with the following features:
- Build an app whether you have a few chapters of Scripture, several books, or a whole New Testament or Bible.
- Audio can be included in the app and synchronised with the text. The text is highlighted phrase by phrase as the audio is playing.
- Users can choose the audio playback speed: making it faster or slower.
- Customize the app with a name, icon, splash screen, borders and colours for a specific language and context.
- Include more than one translation in the app, allowing the user to view two translations side by side or verse by verse.
- Show Verse of the Day notifications.
- Verse on image editor: create images with verses on photo backgrounds.
- Share verses with friends, as text, audio or video clip, via social media (WhatsApp, Facebook, etc.)
- Distribute the app offline from phone to phone. It needs no internet access.
- Include glossary, front matter, songs, Bible study helps, illustrations and embedded videos.
- Optional analytics to keep track of app usage.
- Users can highlight favourite verses, set bookmarks and add notes.
- Include an optional expiry date for use in testing Scripture.
The latest version of Scripture App Builder can be downloaded from SIL’s software website.