This dynamically relevant workshop is built on an important cultural event which creates inner turmoil and struggle for believers. Birth, death, and marriage, for instance, may require a number of rituals that conflict with Scripture.
- Christian community leaders are invited to bring cultural issues that cause crisis for a meeting with Scripture.
- Participants verbalize what’s traditionally done in their places, describing the cultural requirements and expectations of the extended family in the event.
- The reasons underlying those cultural practices and also the consequences of not performing those practices are central to the impact of the workshop.
- Participants uncover underlying assumptions and emotions that bring pressure from both their social and their spirit-world networks.
- Understanding how these pressures compel decisions that often conflict with their relatively new faith.
- The reasons and consequences, along with the pressures of relational networks, are then taken to Scripture.
- Advanced planning by the community-of-believers toward a revised response to the event that is both culturally meaningful and in alignment with Scripture.
- Encourages believers to build an intentional strong community of support in order to implement their modified practices.
- Equips participants to take this process back to their home areas and share it with others.
For information about Culture meets Scripture (CmS) workshops, please contact Amy West (email@example.com).