Updated for Audacity 2.0 (July 2012).
Are you looking to record audio Scripture, radio programmes, Scripture-based songs, Bible study discussions or publicity for Scripture products? One of the most popular programs for recording audio on your computer is Audacity. It is free to download and use, and its user interface is available in several major languages.
This Audacity manual (a downloadable PDF document) is designed for beginners and can be used individually or in training workshops. It will show you how to:
- install Audacity on your computer, connect a microphone and begin recording;
- edit audio tracks, cut out errors, change the volume of selected sections;
- export audio to WAV and MP3 formats;
- mix audio tracks together, add background music;
- apply advanced effects like noise reduction.
An expanded French version, Comment enregistrer à l’ordinateur is also available.